VIENNA — Yugoslavia's recent political changes have spilled over to its only automaker, Zastava Group, producer of the Yugo. Several key executives with ties to the former government have been replaced at the company, including its chairman, Milan Beko. In late September, Yugoslavia's voters elected Vojislav Kostunica as president. Former President Slobodan Milosevic admitted defeat a week later after strikes by workers throughout the country. In the days after the strike, crisis ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Political changes affect Yugo-maker Zastava" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.