PARIS – A major project announced in March 2005 to replace automotive glass with lightweight polycarbonate glazing has not yet gelled. Cadence Innovations, the successor to the former bankrupt supplier Venture Industries, has planned a $30 million investment over the next six years in Czech Republic to produce polycarbonate glazing coated with a scratch-resistant “near-glass” layer. However, the company has not yet decided where to build its pilot plant. Last fall it expected to build ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Polycarbonate Strives to Change Window Technology" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.