DETROIT – Soon to be left with the Vibe hatchback as its only small-car entry in the U.S. now that production of the Sunfire coupe has stopped, General Motors Corp.'s Pontiac nameplate eventually may offer another compact model, a top company executive says. The Chevrolet Cobalt and Saturn Ion are the only models sold in the U.S. based on GM's global Delta small-car platform. “There are a lot of Pontiac dealers right now wanting a small car, a Sunfire replacement,” Mark LaNeve, GM North ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Pontiac May Get Small Car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.