Pontiac-GMC Div. will offer a supercharger kit for its base model Vibe through its dealer network in the first quarter of next year. Vibe comes with a standard 1.8L, 130-hp 4-cyl. With the supercharger, the base model will offer the same 180 hp as the up-level Vibe GT. But the significance is that the supercharged base model will offer a choice of 5-speed manual or 6-speed automatic, while the GT only is offered with a 6-speed manual now. The kit will be dealer-installed and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Pontiac, Toyota to Supercharge Small Cars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.