DETROIT -- Each year, there are a couple of Ward’s 10 Best Engines about which there is no dissent -- they're clear cut winners from the moment you turn the key. The Porsche AG "boxer" 6-cyl. is one of them. If you need an example of the differences that result from more lavish spending up, down, and across the development and sourcing chain, look no further than the Boxster's 2.7L flat 6-cyl. Its layout is identical to Subaru's 3L opposed 6-cyl., yet Porsche's effort easily is the more ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Porsche AG 2.7L DOHC H-6" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.