Porsche Cars North America Inc. and Porsche Motorsport North America reach an agreement with parent Porsche AG to commission the design and construction of a racecar eligible for competition in the LMP2 (LeMans Prototype 2) class. The auto maker says the vehicle will be the first prototype racecar build by the German sports car maker since the Porsche 911 GT1 in 1998. Penske Motorsports Inc. will field the prototype in its first full season in 2006.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Porsche Announces Prototype Racing Program" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642