DETROIT — Some industry observers still question why Porsche AG is entering the sport/utility vehicle (SUV) segment, but the company says an SUV will increase competitiveness, sales and revenue. “(SUVs) are the only segment still growing worldwide,” says Hans Riedel, executive vice president for sales and marketing at Porsche AG. Porsche is developing the SUV with Volkswagen AG and will debut its version in 2002. The E1, as it's codenamed within the company, will embody all the things for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Porsche answers SUV question" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.