Porsche AG may be ready to build a new model, a fourth series, at its Leipzig, Germany, plant. Porsche’s suppliers are reporting that the auto maker already has looked into expanding Leipzig to accommodate the new model. A supplier spokesman says Porsche has told suppliers to prepare for “a drastic increase in parts, and that it wasn’t just to do with the Cayenne.” The Cayenne is Porsche’s luxury SUV offering scheduled to launch this year.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Porsche to Build New Model" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642