Porsche AG releases the first official photos of the ’05 911 Carrera and Carrera S, which the company says is all-new. Along with new styling that reestablishes the round headlights and pronounced front-fender arches trailing from the headlights that became 911 hallmarks, Porsche says the next-generation 911 includes revised versions of the company’s horizontally opposed “boxer” 6-cyl. engines. The ’05 Carrera will continue with a 3.6L boxer 6-cyl., revised to produce 325 hp (up from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Porsche Bumps Boxer Size for New 911" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.