Fears of a Volkswagen AG takeover in the past week, with a mystery buyer amassing shares, were unwarranted, as it was Porsche AG using its cash reserves to secure a 20% voting stake of VW. Porsche says it is protecting its long-term interests, as the two auto makers partnered to produce the Porsche Cayenne/VW Touareg cross/utility vehicles and are jointly developing a hybrid system for the CUVs. The ties run deeper. Ferdinand Piech, the former VW chairman who heads the supervisory board, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Porsche Buys VW Shares" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.