Porsche AG will show a V-6 version of its Cayenne SUV at the Frankfurt motor show in September. The engine shares its basic architecture with the 3.2L V-6 found in Cayenne’s sibling, the Volkswagen Touareg. (See related story: Porsche to Get V-6 for Cayenne) This marks the first time a V-6 will be offered in a Porsche. The auto maker traditionally has used horizontally opposed 6-cyl. engines in many of its cars. Porsche says the V-6 will produce 247 hp at 6,000 rpm and 229 lb.-ft. (310 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Porsche Confirms V-6 Cayenne" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.