DETROIT – Saying fuel-saving hybrid-electric vehicle (HEV) technology “will be the direction” for the U.S. market, Peter Schwarzenbauer, president and CEO, Porsche Cars North America Inc., says Porsche is seriously considering an HEV model for North America. “If you are a responsible manufacturer, you have to look into this. This probably is the trend for the future,” says Schwarzenbauer, who tells a small group of journalists here that Porsche formed a team early this year to study how – ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Porsche: Hybrid May Be Essential for U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.