FRANKFURT – Porsche AG is working on horizontally opposed engines featuring gasoline direct injection (DGI) for the next-generation 911 and Boxster, due in 2004/2005. Porsche will fit high-performance, direct-injection gasoline engines in its 911 (shown here) and Boxster models around 2004-05. At a recent technology seminar in Vienna, a Porsche paper revealed details of the development, claiming that in conjunction with the auto maker’s Variocam Plus variable valve timing system, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Porsche Joins Rush to DGI" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.