BIRMINGHAM, AL – Although U.S. drivers are wedded to their automatic transmissions – even in Porsches, Europeans still enjoy a good joust with the shift lever. So Porsche AG officials here confirm the all-new ’03 Cayenne cross/utility vehicle will get the option of a manual transmission for the ’04 model year. But not for U.S.-bound vehicles, and not for the high-powered Cayenne Turbo. European-spec Cayennes will have manual-transmission option next year. "For Europe, we will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Porsche to Offer Manual-Trans Cayenne Next Year" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.