Porsche AG remains on schedule to launch its Cayenne sport/utility vehicle (SUV) for the ’03 model year, and a company spokesman says he expects at least half of the vehicles Porsche sells in North America to be SUVs. The unusual move for the venerable sports car producer to develop an SUV is meant to combat "volatile and cyclical" buying trends, a company spokesman says. "For us to remain an independent company, we need to flatten out our sales curve. An SUV allows us to do that," he ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Porsche: SUVs to be Half N.A. Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.