Officially, Porsche AG continues to insist it won't build a diesel-powered version of its new Cayenne SUV. Although SUV-making partner VW will feature diesel power for its Toureg, Porsche won't offer a diesel in Cayenne, shown here "Look at BMW's (gasoline) V-8 sales since the launch of the diesel engines," says one Porsche manager, noting the increased availability of its high-powered diesels has seriously undermined demand for BMW AGâ€™s gasoline V-8s. However, Porsche boss ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Porsche Wonâ€™t Do Diesel for Upcoming Cayenne" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.