The North American powder metals (PM) industry is turning the corner this year with strong shipments, applications and sales. “Basically, this market is exploding,” says Eric Boreczky, manager of automotive applications for Hoeganaes Corp., the world’s largest PM producer. The ability to produce precisely shaped metal components that reduce or eliminate the need for secondary operations such as machining continue to win new applications for PM. Used primarily for powertrain and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Powder Metals Gain Speed in 04" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.