PPG Industries Inc. says it has developed a new painting system that increases assembly plant flexibility for automakers attempting to reduce order-to-delivery time. PPG expects its Dynamic FlexColors system to go commerical in 2003, probably on a niche vehicle, with final testing work being completed at project partner Behr Systems’ Auburn Hills, MI, facility. "The automotive industry is using e-commerce to strive for the build-to-order or 5-day car, but offering a large color palette ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"PPG Debuts New Paint System" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.