TROY, MI – While many people think of vehicle color in terms of body panels, PPG Industries Inc. is trying to push colored glass as a new way for auto makers to jazz up their vehicles, as well as differentiate their products. “We wanted to introduce the (OEM) designers to show-car glass to remind them of all the different colors of glass there are available in production – warm ochre shades to blue glass to green glass,” says Lorene C. Boettcher, manager-Global Design and Color Marketing, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"PPG Hopes to Increase Awareness of Colored Glass" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.