ATLANTA – Kia Motors Corp.’s move away from frugality and toward more upscale models means premium models could be on the horizon, a company executive says here. “The brand is still not there, but things are changing,” says Steven Hirashiki, senior product strategy manager-Kia Motors America for the ’11 Sorento cross/utility vehicle. Kia’s sister brand Hyundai stepped into the premium realm last year with the Genesis large sedan, but up to now Kia has stuck with its strategy of appealing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Premium Kia Cars May Be on Horizon" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.