The downward spiral continues for General Motors Corp., which earlier this month announces it will eliminate the U.S. market's oldest existing marque: Oldsmobile. Closely tied to the fate of the lame-duck division are two bespoke engines used only by Oldsmobile: the 4L DOHC V-8 (fitted only as the optional engine for the Aurora) and the 3.5L Twin Cam, used solely as standard equipment for the Intrique and as the base engine for Aurora. GM has not given definitive word regarding both ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Premium V engines likely to go down with Olds" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.