CANBERRA – Sales of Toyota Motor Corp.'s new-generation gasoline-electric hybrid Prius are taking off in Australia. Toyota Motor Corp. Australia Ltd. says private sales have risen almost 11-fold and business sales almost four-fold since the launch of the new model in October. New Prius catching on fast in Australia. More than half the private and business buyers are specifying the Prius with its high-technology i-Tech package, which includes touch-screen satellite navigation, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Prius Hot in Australia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.