CANBERRA – Demand for the Toyota Prius gas-electric hybrid vehicle is exceeding supply in Australia. Toyota Motor Corp. Australia Ltd. Prius Manager Vic Johnston says demand has risen to 110 units per month, but there only are 60 to 80 hybrids available in Australia each month. Toyota Motor Corp. President Fujio Cho, in Australia for the opening of Toyota Australia's new A$50 million ($37 million) headquarters, says energy-saving vehicles are crucial to the company's future. Cho says ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Prius Hot in Australia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.