OJAI, CA – Despite whittling down the order backlog for its popular Prius hybrid-electric vehicle to less than a month this spring, a Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. official says buyers once again are waiting roughly two months for the car. “It’s about a couple months,” Jim Lentz, group vice president and general manager-Toyota Div., says of the time it is taking to get customers into the small HEV. Jim Farley, vice president-marketing, TMSUSA, says plenty of Priuses were available in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Prius Wait Creeps Up Again" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.