DETROIT – British auto-tuning specialist Prodrive and Italian gearbox manufacturer Graziano Transmissioni SpA announce at the 2002 Society of Automotive Engineers World Congress & Exposition here that they plan to collaborate on development of advanced automated manual transmissions. Automated manuals combine the driver-friendliness of a standard automatic transmission with the fuel economy and manufacturing advantages of a manual gearbox. Current examples use a standard manual ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Prodrive, Italian Gearbox Specialist to Develop Better Transmissions" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.