PARIS – Automobile Dacia SA’s long-awaited low-price E5,000 ($4,910) car will go into production in second-half 2004, five years after Renault SA took control over Romania’s biggest car maker. “Start of sales will be September 2004,” says Christian Esteve, Dacia general manager. “We are planning around 60,000 vehicles for the first full year of 2005.” The new model will be sold in eastern Europe, Russia, Latin America, Africa and Asia. Renault plans to produce it in Russia ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Production of New Dacia Car to Begin in 2004" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.