NEW YORK – DaimlerChrysler AG may own a majority stake in Mitsubishi Motors Corp., but Mitsubishi seems to be holding the cards when it comes to platform sharing. Mitsubishi’s next-generation Lancer subcompact, due out for the ’06 model year, will serve as the basis for both the Chrysler Group C-platform, on which the Neon and PT Cruiser ride, and a stretched version that will provide the underpinnings for the midsize D-segment (Stratus and Sebring) vehicles. PS platform may ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Project America May Live on Beyond DC-MMC Platform Consolidation" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.