Pinched fingers and arms soon may become a thing of the past with SmartWindow, a new non-contact window management system from Novi, MI-based Prospects Corp. The system utilizes an optically tuned, infrared sensor mounted within a vehicle's door trim near the A-pillar, to detect small obstacles (as little as 4 mm) in the path of the window. In addition to use in express-up window operations, other potential SmartWindow applications include powered sunroofs and sliding rear windows of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Prospect Pitches Infrared Power-Up Glass" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.