The battle to claim bragging rights as Australia’s lowest-priced car heats up, as Proton Cars Australia Pty. Ltd. readies to reclaim the title from Suzuki Australia Pty Ltd. Proton in June will introduce a 1.3L version of its S16 sedan with a single driver’s airbag priced at A$10,990 ($9,727). In December, Proton launched Australia's lowest-priced new car with the arrival of the 1.6L Proton S16 sedan, which sported an on-road retail price of A$11,990 ($10,612). Suzuki then grabbed the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Proton Aims to Best Suzuki With Oz Launch of Lower-Cost Car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.