Proton Holdings Bhd gives CEO Mahaleel Ariff one week to explain criticisms he recently made of the Malaysian government’s automotive policy. Unnamed sources close to Proton’s 42% shareholder Khazanah Holdings Bhd tell The Edge Daily newspaper that Proton is convening an emergency board meeting. The move follows a recent interview given by Mahaleel to the Oriental Daily newspaper, in which he questioned the government’s policy, which he says puts the national car maker at a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Proton Board Calls Chairman to Task for Press Report" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.