Proton Holdings Bhd CEO Tengku Mahaleel Ariff reportedly has been ousted from his post following a series of disagreements with the Malaysian national car company’s board of directors. Mahaleel recently criticized the government for reducing car tariffs that protect the auto maker from foreign competition. (See related story: Proton Board Calls Chairman to Task for Press Report) Proton Chairman Mohammed Azlan Sashim says the board decided not to renew Mahaleel’s current contract and that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Proton CEO Loses Power Struggle" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.