Abu Hassan Knedut, chairman of Malaysian national auto maker Proton Holdings Bhd, surprises the industry by resigning his position. The Asian Wall Street Journal is reporting government sources say Hassan quit over concern that former premier Mahathir Mohammad is interfering with management efforts to revamp the company. Mahathir is an advisor to the auto maker but holds no executive position. Hassan reportedly submitted his resignation after Mahathir influenced the government to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Proton Chairman Resigns" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.