Proton Holdings Bhd reportedly is romancing the Renault-Nissan SA alliance as it continues its long-time search for a strategic partner. Proton, which is set to take a 25% stake in Renault’s Formula One team, wants to expand its relationship with Renault-Nissan into passenger cars and, possibly, a strategic partnership, Malaysia’s The Star newspaper reports. “Plans are afoot to have Renault-Nissan involved in the Proton global car, named Emas, which is slotted for production by 2012,” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Proton Courting Renault-Nissan for Possible Partnership?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.