Talk of a merger between Malaysia’s two national auto makers is revived after comments made by Proton Holdings Bhd Managing Director Zainal Tahir. Zainal is calling for the domestic auto industry to consolidate in preparation for the challenges it will face once the global economy recovers. But Perusahaan Otomobil Kedua Sdn Bhd (Perodua) Managing Director Hafiz Bakar says there’s no need for a merger. “One (auto maker) is focusing on the compact segment and the other on sedans,’’ Hafiz ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Proton Exec Fans Flames of Proton-Perodua Consolidation" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.