Malaysian auto maker Proton Holdings Bhd and its wholly owned British sports-car maker Lotus Group International Ltd. plan to develop small cars for the global market, with the first release likely in 18 to 24 months. Proton Chairman Nadzmi Salleh tells a news conference the new proposal is part of a 5-year plan to turn Group Lotus Plc into a profitable company. The Business Times say Lotus will develop a 3-door sports car for the global market, while Proton will produce a 5-door compact ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Proton, Lotus to Jointly Launch Global Small Cars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.