The Malaysian government misses its end-of-March deadline to find a foreign partner for Proton Holdings Bhd. Shares in the national auto maker fell nearly 7% last week following a report Volkswagen AG had scrapped tie-up talks. But the German auto maker insists negotiations continue. A published report quotes Malaysian government adviser Graeme Maxton as saying the search for a Proton partner will not end any time soon due to strategic disagreements between the auto maker and the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Proton Misses March Deadline; Search for Partner Continues" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.