KUALA LUMPUR — Malaysia's national carmaker, National Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional Bhd (Proton), is in technology exchange talks with several global automakers including General Motors Corp., Ford Motor Co. and DaimlerChrysler AG, Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamed says. But don't expect foreign equity participation. Mahathir conceived the idea of the national car as a symbol of his efforts to turn Malaysia into a manufacturing economy. “We are not about to sell the national car,” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Proton protects platform rights" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.