Late last month, Malaysia's Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional Sdn Bhd (Proton) unveiled its first engine at the Group Lotus factory in the UK. It was developed by Proton and Lotus. A Proton spokesman says it will take two years before the engine can go into mass production but will then save Proton 25% over the cost of outsourcing the engine. This will enable Proton to better compete once trade barriers are brought down, says the spokesman. Lotus — the UK sports car company, in which Proton ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Proton unveils engine" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.