On the heels of record April sales of the Plymouth Prowler, DaimlerChrysler Corp. appears to be rethinking its fate beyond the '01 model year. Last year's announcement DCC is dropping the Plymouth brand included reports (see Ward's Automotive Reports — Nov. 22. '99 p. 1) that the slow-selling Prowler also would be dropped. One argument for killing the hot rod is it would free capacity at the Conner Avenue Assembly Plant in Detroit, MI, for second-generation Viper production as well as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Prowler May Get Second Life" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.