PARIS – PSA Peugeot Citroen will introduce the first European "Stop and Go" system – also dubbed a “mild-hybrid system” by some auto makers – on the Citroen C3 at the auto show here in September. The system, which restarts the car’s engine at the touch of the accelerator after it has switched off at stoplights and in traffic jams, will improve fuel efficiency 6% on the European mixed-driving cycle at a slight additional cost, says Robert Peugeot, PSA's vice-president-innovation and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"PSA to Launch Mild-Hybrid Version of C3 This Fall" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.