MUMBAI – PSA Peugeot Citroen breaks ground on a new factory in India, a market coveted by the French auto maker. The company plans to spend Rs40 billion ($800 million) on the auto plant and fully integrated engine and transmission factories on a 600-acre (243-ha) site near Tata and Ford facilities in Sanand, Gujarat state. PSA originally chose Chennai as its plant site. The facility’s first product will be the Peugeot 508 compact sedan launching in 2014. It will be followed by the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"PSA Peugeot Citroen Launches India Operations" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.