PARIS – Formal talks between Malaysia’s crippled national car company Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional Sdn Bhd (Proton) and PSA Peugeot Citroen could result in PSA’s closest ties with another auto maker. The two signed a memorandum of intent (MOI) here Sept. 17, “to study a possible cooperation between the two groups” that could include product development, vehicle production, supplier development and vehicle distribution. Proton, which is undergoing hard times, saw first-half sales fall 21% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"PSA, Proton Move Closer to Partnership" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.