Chrysler Group is calling back 438,391 ’01-’04 PT Cruisers due to the possibility power steering fluid could leak and cause an engine compartment fire. The National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. says the PT Cruiser’s high-pressure power steering hose and the automatic transaxle differential cover could come in contact, causing the leak. Chrysler says nine underhood fires have been reported relating to the problem, but no injuries or fatalities occurred.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"PT Cruiser Called Back" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.