DaimlerChrysler AG goes for drama with its intro of the PT Cruiser ragtop concept at the New York auto show. Designers claim they spent only 4 months on the show car, which features longer, lower doors and a power-operated top. Designers also lowered the body 1.5 ins. (4 cm), dropped the roof by an inch and lengthened the doors to give the new PT a more customized look. They also resculpted the rear wheel flairs to accommodate the concept's 19-in. wheels. The ragtop gets the same ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"PT Cruiser goes topless" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.