AUBURN HILLS, Michigan, USA — Though reminiscent of 1940s-era American hot rods, DaimlerChrysler Corp.'s upcoming Chrysler PT Cruiser isn't targeted to be strictly a U.S.-market vehicle. DCC insiders say conservatively that about 30%-35% of PT production is headed for sale overseas. But with plans to sell the vehicle in some 40-plus countries, it's likely they see considerable upside potential beyond the initial 30,000-40,000 units. Company executives say that in some ways the PT has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"PT Cruiser to help drive DC overseas sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.