Pilot production of the Chrysler PT Cruiser begins in Austria with Job 1 scheduled for mid-July at DaimlerChrysler AG's Eurostar Automobilwerk GmbH & Co. KG plant in Graz. The retro-styled vehicle is a hit in Europe where customers must wait four months for Mexican-made vehicles. DC plans to build 18,000 Cruisers in Graz this year and 50,000 next year at the plant that assembled 30,000 Chrysler Voyager minivans last year. Total production is expected to be 62,000 this year and 95,000 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"PT Cruiser Production Scheduled in Graz" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.