The letter Q stands for quarrel, as Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. files suit in a Michigan court against Audi AG for its decision to use Q to name future cross/utility vehicles. Nissan attests that Audi’s use of the letter infringes on the trademarks it has established in naming vehicles with Q since 1989, including the Q45 sedan and QX4 and QX56 SUVs. It reportedly also has trademarked “the new Q.” Audi, which uses the letter A for many of its cars, has said it will release the Q5 and Q7 CUVs ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Q Is for Quarrel" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.