MADRID â€“ Thanks to Renault SA's Vel Satis, the stubby trunk of the new SEAT Toledo will look almost normal when it arrives in European markets at the end of the year. The striking rear-end design, with rear window glass that bends almost 180 degrees and a hatch that extends into the roof, was well under way when the Vel Satis hit the market, says SEAT design chief Steve Lewis. SEAT Toledo to come this fall. "For the luxury class the design is too much," says Lewis, noting that Vel ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Quirky Toledo Latest to Show Off SEATâ€™s New Design Direction" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.