LOS ANGELES – Ram President and CEO Fred Diaz is optimistic Chrysler’s new Pentastar 3.6L V-6 engine will bolster sales in the 1-ton truck segment, where consumers increasingly are making fuel economy a top purchase consideration. The auto maker has not confirmed officially that the engine will make its way into the Ram pickup, but Diaz hints that’s the case. “I think it will be a big addition to the truck,” he tells WardsAuto in an interview here. Former Chrysler powertrain chief Paulo ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ram CEO Hints at New Engine; Forecasts Segment Growth" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.