A second European plastic molder has started supplying polycarbonate glazing. Ranger SpA, an Italian supplier of exterior body panels, started production of its first polycarbonate project this year, the windstopper in the Alfa Romeo Spider, manufactured by Pininfarina SpA. The windstopper is the clear shield placed behind the seats in roadsters to reduce wind noise in the passenger compartment. While the piece is simple, with only a single component, "it is a particular shape," says ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ranger Producing Polycarbonate Glazing" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.